Monday, December 20, 2010

New Update for David

Merry Christmas!  I hope everyone is having a good start to their holidays/vacations!  I just wanted to give a quick update on my dad and his recovery.  As per the "trend", he has had a slight set-back.  He developed an infection near his abdominal incision that is being caused by the fistula on Friday/Saturday last week.  My mom had to take him to the ER on Saturday night so that he could receive medication and so that medical staff could further evaluate the infection.  He is currently on oral antibiotics and we are praying (a lot) that these will help this infection go away quickly and help him heal completely. 
 
I asked my dad last night if he is feeling more sick now with this infection, and he said that he has been feeling sick for so long now, he isn't really paying much attention to the slight changes.  It continues to be tough for my mom, she is now taking even more care of him at home.  However, she and all of us, are so glad he is at home.  He has an appointment with his surgeon on Thursday (the 23rd) and our hope and prayer is that he will begin to fight off this infection by then and will remain at home since we are all coming back the following week!!
 
Thank you all for your support and amazing help with so many things!  It was so wonderful to hear my mom tell me that some helping hands came yesterday and fixed the half-broken steps into the house!  My mom was also excited to be receiving well wishes and cards on a daily basis that my dad can read and be encouraged by them!   
 
THANKS!!  And, Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment